video player redesign
The project started with a desire to provide Netflix users with a better desktop viewing experience. At the time of the project, most of Netflix's users still uses desktop to watch content. The old video player weren't build to scale, and were overloaded with functionalities that weren't used.
The redesign resulted in higher streaming hours, retention rates and positive reviews from the tech community.
- Fast Co. Design: Netflix's new web app is stripped bare and utterly effective
- Macworld: Netflix launches snazzy new in browser video player
- TIME: Netflix gets fancy new web video player lures old subscribers back
- VentureBeat: Netflix web video player gets a gorgeous new design
- Gigaom: Netflix launches sexy new web based video player
- Gizmodo: The new Netflix video player feature by feature
- CNET: Netflix video player gets revamped